Sunday, April 13, 2014

Week 6

Much of our learning this week solidified things that I was already aware of.  Backwards design for instructional designs was a major component to our Instructional Design course from earlier in the UF sequence.  Inclusion of AppleTV and Google technology in the music classroom is something I’m familiar with how to deploy but haven’t yet done. 

Copyright law, however, is something that I know a lot about but wasn’t fully educated on until I did this week’s readings. 


The Project Based Learning is something that I hope to include more of in my band class as it ties in very well with our school’s Common Intellectual Mission (and I commented on this in my discussion post).  WebQuests, which are a form of PBL, have a valuable place in the BCO classroom, and I’m hoping that I can develop a useful one with my Holst Suite WebQuest that I’m doing for our class.  I think the possibilities for deeper understanding of our repertoire will be exceptionally valuable.  

1 comment:

  1. WebQuests and other projects are great way to give students a deeper understanding of the music without taking huge amounts of rehearsal time.

    ReplyDelete