Sunday, April 6, 2014

Week 5

A lot of information this week, and I’m starting to feel a bit overwhelmed about all the PLN information out there.  We’re now following a lot of digital information, but we’re following it in a lot of different locations, Twitter, Google+, Feedly, and now Diigo.  I need to get these items organized so that I have everything in one feed.  My feeds are all compartmentalized now, and I need to get them organized. 

With respect to the readings, I feel similarly about the example in this week’s reading.  Organization is my biggest fear.  When you start having information coming in via blogs and wikis and so forth, I am really concerned about how to keep everything organized and accessible.  This would be a great goal for this week, especially moving forward with my own use of digital materials. 

How could I include blogs in my band?  Are they appropriate in the BCO world?  Could we do concert reflections via blogs?  Rehearsal reflections?  Sectional reflections?  Could I Tweet or blog to students as they go into sectionals?  What use might there be for this in private lessons? 


So much to think about this week.  

No comments:

Post a Comment